A Day in the Life

The Adventures of Nora and Josie (and their parents)

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Eli the elephant

Nora doesn't really grab for things dangled in front of her yet, but she does reach out for things that are off to her side. One of her favorites is the elephant, Eli, who lives on her changing table. Every time she's getting a diaper changed, Nora reaches out for Eli with one hand, pulls him onto her chest and face, and uses both hands to try to stuff him in her mouth. Since Eli is about the size of Nora's head, the whole thing is pretty entertaining. I tried to capture it on video for you, and you can kind of see it here. Nora's pretty fascinated by the camera lately, so as soon as she sees it she forgets about whatever else she's doing (you'll see what I mean). So there's only a little bit of eating Eli and a bunch of staring fixedly at the camera, but keep watching for the cute smiles and giggle at the end.

1 Comments:

Blogger AndrĂ©e said...

How cool to have all this documentation. Maybe I should quit my job and conduct research by observing Nora, and analysing the data. Then I could write the book I've been talking about since I made that first cassette tape of her mama babbling.

31/8/06 15:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home