A Day in the Life

The Adventures of Nora and Josie (and their parents)

Friday, May 01, 2009

Josie Speaks!

Josie turned 18 months yesterday, and to celebrate she asked me to write a list of all her words. So without further ado, here's her current vocabulary. Combining signs and spoken language, she has nearly 50 words!

Signs:
more
milk
all done
water
dog
Daddy
baby
phone
hi/bye
up
no
bird
ball
please
cheese
food/eat
shoes
sorry
thank you
cat

Spoken words (organized by initial sound, for my own amusement):
M words:
Mama
more
my/mine

D words:
Dada/Daddy
Ida (her baby doll)
doll
dog
done
diaper
down
beer
bra
boot
shoes
cheers

B words:
ball
balloon

W words:
wow
water
whee
flower

Vowel words (she basically just drops the first consonant in these):
Nora
Hi
Bye
uh oh
uh huh
yes

G words (these are all new in the last couple of days):
go
good
buckle
yogurt

N word:
banana


She makes the sounds of a cat (mowm), dog (woo woo), monkey (ahh ahh ahh), cow (oooooh), and car/truck/dinosaur/monster/bear (growl). She knows the motions for Head Shoulders Knees & Toes, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and If You're Happy and You Know It.


Ok, so pictures. I know we sorely lacking in those around here lately! I am trying to figure out a way for my lazy self to get them up more easily. I am starting to use Flickr, so here's what would be perfect: if I could upload pics directly from my camera to Flickr, and then it would automatically post an update (here? on Facebook?) that I had done so. Anyone know if that's possible? Right now there are just too many steps for me to get the pics off the camera, onto the photo software on my computer, and uploaded to here or flickr or facebook. I just don't get that kind of computer time to myself, ever!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Elysabeth said...

Hi Sarah!

I think you can put your pics on flickr, and then once you do, there's an icon that says, "Blog this!" and you can connect your blog with your flickr site and blog the pictures. It may not be as nice looking as when you put them on the blog yourself.

Of course, I'm not that technical, but it might be something you want to play around with!!

1/5/09 07:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home